Unearthing the Human Condition of a Scene with Kevin McCormick
Working on a scene is an important method by which actors develop their process and craft for acting. A scene study environment also provides for the actor the opportunity to explore a range of characters and scripts that will stretch and develop their instrument and ability. The goal of this workshop is to provide a detailed approach to developing a scene and creating a rich vibrant relationship and character foundation. The process and craft explored within this workshop is designed to be of help for actors working both on stage and on screen.
Among the many aspects the workshop will explore it will focus on:
- The organics of acting
- Staying present and connected in the moment
- Working from the heart with feeling and truth
- Working from the inside out
- Techniques for character and relationship creation
- Identifying themes and the human condition of material
This workshop operates in a tutorial style atmosphere with each acting pair having a section of time to create and explore. Some improv and acting technique exercises are also explored as a tool for unearthing layers of emotion.
Scenes will be selected from the Dramatic category of scripts.
“Kevin has made a powerful difference both in my career and my life. I have learned to trust myself more, to really live in my body and connect to my centre.”
~ Former Student
“Having freedom of expression is one of the best feelings in the world, but fully allowing yourself to go there is a challenge. For the first time I overcame that… Kevin brought out the passion in people because he has just as much passion to teach”
~ Former Student
- Unearthing the Human Condition of a Scene with Kevin McCormick
- October 8, 2016
- October 11, 2016
- November 8, 2016
- Tuesdays, 5.30pm – 7.30pm
- $325.00 – CAEA / $292.00 – ACTRA *Prices do not include HST (EST HST #: R118901164) *CAEA & ACTRA rates apply to those who are paid-to-date members.
- Grace Church on-the-Hill 300 Lonsdale Road Toronto, Ontario M4V 1X4 View Larger Map